My name is Janne Ahlberg. I’m a proud dad, security professional & researcher from Finland. I’m (pen)testing websites and services for common and rare vulnerabilities.
I believe in responsible vulnerability disclosure and coordination. Please respond if I contact you. I prefer “what the heck is this about?” over awkward silence. If I fail in vulnerability reporting, I have to consider publishing the suspected vulnerability.
Main testing areas: Cross-site Scripting (XSS), remote and local file inclusion, SQL injection (SQLi) and various configuration issues.
Main test tools: web browser, sqlmap
Besides personal relationships: I like all kind of gadgets, Linux, open-source, movies, astronomy, cryptography, photography and learning new things
Standard website security testing disclaimer:
– I’m not looking for a job or compensation
– I cannot help with possible code fixes due to time restrictions
– I’m not affiliated with any company, testing or “hacker” team
– The opinions expressed here are not those of my employer
– eBay Responsible Disclosure Acknowledgements
– Interview by Softpedia
– Article in Helsingin Sanomat (in Finnish)
– Cine.se acknowledgement (in Swedish)
– Adobe Security Acknowledgments
– Google Security Honorable Mention (Q3/2013)
– Envato Helpful Hacker Program
– Twitter Hall of Fame – HackerOne (July 2014)